**Client pays ALL PAYPAL fees.
- A signed contract and non-refundable deposit of half is required to officially book your event. Payment can be made by check or Paypal . The balance of the payment is due at arrival and is cash only. You can choose to pay the whole fee in advance. (**Client pays all Paypal fees). We cannot hold a date without a deposit and contract. Parties and appearances are 1 hour in length. Additional time needs to be requested in advance and will be an additional fee. Often, Amara has more than one event a day, so it is important that we start and end at the agreed upon time.
- It is VERY important that you have designated a private area for Amara to change in and out of her tail so the children do not see her. We ask that you not enter the pool until your booked time as venues typically allow mermaids to enter early and be waiting for the party guests. If the event is in your home, please keep the children together in one area until ready.
- You are responsible to secure a venue location. You must also inform your venue in advance that you have booked a mermaid for your event.
- Occasionally, she will have an assistant to help take photos or video at the event. These may be used on her website, youtube, facebook instagram, and other social media sites. If parents of a child do not wish for their photos to be used, please contact us. We make every effort to accommodate all the guests. If there is an issue after the event, please email us and let us know.
- Amara cannot walk in her tail. Therefore, she will arrive 20-30 minutes before the start time, to get into her tail and get situated before the party starts. She will have to have access to a private space in which she can change in and be carried out. She may ask for assistance from adult attendees to carry her to and from the changing room to the pool. After the event, if she cannot procure an assistant to carry her out, the children will need to be rounded up and removed from the pool/event area for 15 minutes so she can change out of her costume, gather her things, and leave before they come back in.
- Lifeguards are not babysitters. They are available to protect your child, but a parent or adult needs to be with their child while swimming. While swimming in a mermaid tail the ratio is 1:1 at all times. We ask for your cooperation in supervising the children, and all pool (or beach) rules are respected by all guests.
- While mermaids are present for entertainment, they do not count as adults in the ratio that must be maintained. Mermaids will use a variety of redirection strategies should children be acting in a manner that is unsafe or breaks pool rules, and we ask for your support, understanding, and if necessary assistance with this. Please watch the videos on the safety to learn if your child is ready for a mermaid tail, how to put one on, and safety while swimming. Mermaid tails are very restrictive and children should already know how to swim well in order to wear one.
- Mermaids are used to dealing with many behaviors in all age groups of children. However, if you see a child harming us in any way (pulling at our hair or earrings, biting, hitting, spitting etc), or being destructive to our costumes we ask for your support, understanding, and assistance in redirecting the behavior. You are responsible for compensation for any damages to her tail or any other part of her costume.
- Mermaids will not tolerate any form of sexual harassment from any guests. If she deems the environment unsafe for any reason, she may leave without rendering services. In that case, the client will still be responsible for paying the full amount.